Friday, April 25, 2003

Shared Yellow Cab Economical, Sexual Decision


With only three dollars in his pocket, Steve Holman wasn’t sure just how he was going to make it home from the Strip District last Saturday night.

“I shouldn’t have spent so much on alcohol,” Holman said. He remembered he would have taken more cash out of the ATM, but his bank account was empty.

His friends had left him chatting up a woman inside the G Spot around 1:45 a.m. Although the conversation was promising, she left with friends when the lights came up. As Holman’s friends and ride home had already deserted him, he was left with few options on how to return to South Oakland.

“I walked out to Smallman Street, hoping to see one of the guys I knew, but they were completely gone,” he said. “I was just about to give up hope and start walking, when this cute looking chick almost knocked me over trying to get to an approaching cab. I was sensing defeat when suddenly, I heard my butt-wasted self say, ‘Well, if you’re going to Oakland, it only makes sense that we share this cab together,’” Holman said. “I couldn’t believe it when she agreed with me! And damn, she was cute.”

Although Holman admits he did try to cop a feel in the backseat of the cab, it wasn’t until it was time to talk money that he worried he would be found out.

“I handed her the three dollars and held my breath. Luckily, the guy drove like a bat out of hell so it ended up being only $7, and she offered to cover the rest.”

Holman repaid her in full at the end of the night.

“My performance was definitely worth $1,” he said.

No comments: