Thursday, March 06, 2003

Dejected Film Studies Grad Finally Lands Role In Entertainment Industry


Since her graduation from Pitt’s Film School in 2001, Kelly Redmond has been looking for a job in the entertainment industry. Now, after a two-year search, she finally has a starring role.

Redmond will be a lead clerk at the new Blockbuster Video located in the recently opened University of Pittsburgh building, Sennott Square.

“I worked so hard for this!” Redmond said tearfully. “From my extensive knowledge of Federico Fellini films to all those drunken nights playing ‘Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon,’ my hard work is finally paying off!”

Redmond’s duties include cleaning and stocking shelves, working the cash register, and taking out the garbage, but it’s her extensive knowledge of movie trivia that showcases Redmond’s true artistic talent.

“I bet you guys can’t guess who played the corpse in 1983’s The Big Chill?” Redmond challenged a group of apparently uninterested teens ogling the Playstation 2 rack. “Come on take a guess, I bet you’ve heard of this guy before. You’re going to kick yourself when you find out...Do you give up? It was Kevin Costner! Seriously, Lawrence Kasdan edited out his face in the final cut.”

Redmond is hopeful that with hard work and a little Hollywood-brand optimism, she can turn her minimum wage job into a career. “You know, Quentin Tarantino was a video store clerk before he became a director,” she said. “I’m just using this Blockbuster until I can release my blockbuster.”

No comments: